welcome to SEEK
The Summer Engineering Experience for Kids (SEEK) program of the National Society of Black Engineers (NSBE)
Messages from SEEK Sponsors
We are thrilled to have you and your future engineer be a part of SEEK this summer! Below is important information for you and your student to follow throughout the program.
July 13 – August 7, 2020
Monday – Thursday
from 10-11 am (ET) and 1-2 pm (ET)
Due to the high demand of the SEEK program, we require that:
- Accepted students participate in the full 3-week program. Students who miss more than two (2) days during the program will be withdrawn from the program. Attendance is taken daily and is monitored by SEEK leaders.
- A parent/guardian or representative must attend the mandatory parent orientation. Program updates will also be posted on the SEEK website.
Cover Introductory Info:
- Review basic info and the seven steps of the Engineering Design Process
Review Material Lists:
- Gather the materials listed or create a master shopping list
Established a Schedule:
- Find a time whether it be once a week or daily, to present with your student and assist where necessary
- Complete the Glider challenge
- Complete the catapult challenge
- Complete the final bridge challenge
- Complete our post-program surveys
- Look up a local NSBE Jr. chapter
- Share pictures and videos on social media and be sure to tag @NSBE and @SEEKNSBE
SEEK Virtual Package
SEEK registration has closed.
You can access the SEEK Virtual Package by completing the information below.
Please use the following forms to submit your student’s project.
Week 3: Final Bridge Challenge